Have you ever wondered if the routine you take care of your hair with is actually good for your hair?
Now, don’t let yourself feel bad – everyone has different hair care routines, from washing to styling the hair. You just got to find the one that works for you!
To make that easier for you, we’ve listed two of the best hair care routines from our personal experiences, and also added some tips for different types of hair.
Condition, shampoo, air dry.
A lot of us agree that this is a wonderful routine, especially if you have naturally greasier hair. It moisturizes the hair, then washes the excess out and by air drying you won’t turn the hair „crisp“.
First you should rinse your hair, then apply conditioner. Let it be in your hair for about 5-10 minutes, then rinse it out and shampoo your hair. Wrap your hair in a towel and keep it on for about 10-15 minutes, then unwrap it and let your hair dry off – however messy it is.
Don’t comb or brush them until you can feel that the roots have dried out as well, because it causes the hair to become matte. While the „messy“ look isn’t the most attractive one, then keep in mind that having your hair dry in that position will add more volume to it.
Comb, shampoo, hair mask, blow dry.
When you got wavy or curly hair, there’s nothing better you can do than brushing or combing your hair before washing them. Once done, rinse your hair and shampoo the scalp. You should only wash the rest of your hair if you’ve used other products on them, otherwise give your hair a „rest day“.
Instead of using a conditioner, use a hair mask. Pick a good moisturizing mask and leave it on your hair. If your hair is damaged then you can leave it on for 15-20 minutes maximum, and then rinse it out with cool water.
Throw your hair over your head and wrap them in a towel for five minutes, then apply a heat protection solution. Once that’s done, proceed to blow dry and style your beautiful, clean hair.
Curly hair tips
- Curly hair tend to have a weaker texture, which is why moisturizing conditioners or masks are your best friends!
- Try to wash them as little as you can. The more you wash them, the more you dry them out. 1-3 times per week is more than enough – natural oils are your friends!
- Air dry your hair, using a blow drier will end up turning your hair „crisp“ and give you split ends, even when you use a heat protection solution.
Straight hair tips
- Avoid over-moisturizing them. Naturally straight hair are straight because the oils from the scalp work their way to the end of the hair without a problem. When you use too many hair masks, conditioners or oils you’re going to make your hair appear too heavy and greasy.
- Problems with flat hair? Tease the roots a little bit and use a hairspray to make them stay like that. Avoid over-teasing them, because it will look messy and unappealing.
- To add volume to your hair, dry your hair upside-down with a blow drier.
Different hair types
With different types of hair – curly, wavy, straight – you have to use a different care routine to make them look as good as you possibly can with least amount of stress on the hair.